An international company founded by Claudio Biern Boyd in 1972 and dedicated to high-quality content production, distribution and licensing. In animation, its works have traveled around the globe, with such characters as David the Gnome, Dogtanian and Willy Fog having become classics.
Currently, BRB is producing successful, brand-producing series – including InvizimalsTM, Mica, Bernard….–that incorporate the latest in design and technology. Meanwhile it has managed to situate itself at the forefront of the audiovisual sector in New Technologies and Digital Media: BRB has become one of the leading aggregator partners for cartoons on a world level on YouTube and has lauched its own multi-platform webpage, different apps for Smartphones and SmartTVs, etc…
In licensing area, BRB manages a huge worldwide IP catalogue like Pac-ManTM from 41 Entertainment, Geronimo Stilton from Atlantyca Entertainment, and The Hive from Space Entertainment in Spain and Portugal.
In addition, its Real Image Division works on developing different formats: series and mini-series, musicals, programs for television, etc…
- Entity Prize, awarded to BRB at XVIII edition of Zaragoza Film Festival (2013).
- Best Licensing Prize for a Company, at XVIII Edition of Communications and Marketing Strategy Awards 2009-2010.
- 2010 Kids’Jury Prize 2010 for Best Cartoon Series for children between the ages of 7 and 10, for Canimals.
- 2009 Kids’Jury Prize for Best Cartoon Series for children between the ages of 7 and 10, for Suckers.
- 2009 Best Licensing Agent Prize, for Cartoon Network Enterprises Europe.
- Third Prize in 3D in Spain, at 2009 Art Futura, for Suckers.
- 2009 Zapping Award for Best Cartoon Series, for Berni.
- Nominated as Best European Production Company of the Year, at 2009 Cartoon Forum
- Silver Medal as Best Licensing Company, at XVII Edition of 2008-9 Communications and Marketing Strategy Awards.
- 2008 Grand Via Prize for Best Children’s Musical for Around the World with Willy Fog – The Musical.
- 2008 Best Licensing Agent Award, for Cartoon Network Enterprises Europe.
- Gold Medal at Exptoons 2008 for Papawa.
- Mortadelo and Philemonchosen Best Children’s Program at IV Spectator Forum Awards (2007).
- BRB nominated as Best Production Company of the Year by the American magazine Kidscreen in 2007.
- MIPCOM JR Licensing Challenge Prize, for The Imp (2006).
- MIPCOM JR Licensing Challenge Prize at first edition for Bernard (2004)
- TAC Award for Best Cartoon Series, 2004, for Mortadelo and Philemon.
- Finalist at The New York Festivals, 2001, for the series Nicolás.
- TAC Award, Barcelona 2001, for the series Nicolás.
- Finalist at Television Academy Awards 1999.
- Award given by MIDIA to Best Cartoon Series for The New World of the Gnomes (1998).
- Award given by the Radiolisteners and Televisionviewers Association (ATR) for the series Mozart’s Band, as Best Children’s Program (1997).
- Finalist at TP 95 Awards with the series Mortadelo and Philemon (1995).
- 1995 Export Prize, given by Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Madrid.
- Bronze Medal at New York International Cinema and Television Festival, 1992, for the series The Return of Dogtanian.
- Honorable Mention at Umbriafiction Festival, 1991 (Italy), for the series The Return of Dogtanian.
- TP Catalonia Award, 1989, for the series The History of Catalonia..
- Bronze Medal at New York International Cinema and Television Festival, 1985, for the series David, The Gnome.
- First Prize at Young People and Children’s International Competition, in Gijón, Spain, 1994, for Best TV Program for the series Around the World with Willy Fog.
- Honorable Mention at the VII edition of Children of Our Times Competitive Festival, Milan, Italy, 1992, for the series Dogtanian and the Three Muskihounds.
- Special-mention Prize at the first Historic Cinema Festival of León, 1984, for the series Ruy, the Young El Cid.
- Bronze Medal at New York International Cinema and Television Festival, 1982, for the series Dogtanian and the Three Muskihounds.
- 1982 TP Award for the Most Popular Children’s Series, for Dogtanian and the Three Muskihounds.
- Special-mention Prize for the series Dogtanian and the Three Muskihounds at the Young People and Children’s International Competition, in Gijón, Spain, 1982.